Monday, June 23, 2008

Summer, once again

Well, it is summer once again, and time to start up my blogging. However, this is the first summer in SEVEN years that I will not be going up to Toolik Lake. It is sad, but time to move on. Like to finishing my dissertation. However, I've had lots of adventures since the hamster and the workshop in Sweden, so hopefully I'll be able to fill in some fun gaps in the next couple of days.

Saturday was my first summer solstice since 9/11 that I haven't been in costume, at a bonfire, north of the Arctic Circle. Instead I took the dog to the dog park, ate pierogies, and watched the new movie, Get Smart.

2 comments:

Sara said...

There isn't anything wrong with eating pierogies. Actually, I'm a little bit jealous.

David said...

I know what you mean about missing Toolik. I went through it last summer, and even this summer it has been a bit sad as my lab-mates prepare to go.

So how is the dissertation coming along anyway? I defended last month, and it sure took a lot more time and effort than I had anticipated. Hope all is well!